Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Write that essay : sentences

Adverb - Describes a verb

Verb - Doing work - Running

Preposition - A word that gives location or movement e.g in, under, on

The Adverb sentence
Start the sentence with an adverb, it adds interest and intrigue
Remember the rule: when you start the sentence with an adverb you need to put a comma after the adverb and then finish the sentence .

Some adverbs - Slowley, interestingly, suddenly, surprisingly, simply, excitedly, unfortunately, formerly
fortunately, confusingly, concerningly, remarkably, significantly, firstly, 

Example
Surprisingly, Mrs Handley was on time for class.
Unfortunately, She had forgotten her keys.

My sentence
Surprisingly, I woke up on time to go to school Unfortunately, I had to walk to school. Luckily, someone random offered me to jump in their van to go to school. Confusingly on the van, it said free candy Concerningly I was scared to jump in Suddenly I got picked up and thrown in the van. Fortunately, there was candy in the van Luckily, I arrived at school unharmed. Unfortunately, I didn't get all the candy Luckily, the van seen jrae and kidnapped him. Excitedly, I have never seen jrae again 

The preposition sentence
Remember the rule: When you start a sentence with a preposition, you need to put a comma when the movement or position ends.

Example
In 2013, Hornby High accepted year 7/8 students
throughout my time at school, I have learnt many things

Prepositions - in, throughout, under, above, between, below, on, around, near, against, within

My sentence
In 2020, I was on the top of the building. Throughout my time at school, The teachers have gotten worse. In 2021, troy ran away and now is living on the streets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.